It is not uncommon to see people with dark patches and spots on their neck. This is not a life threatening condition, it is not even a medical condition to begin with.
However, dark spots and patches can be aesthetically unpleasant and can cause emotional problems to people who have them.
What Causes Dark Spots And Dark Patches
This problem can be caused by genetic problems and an over-exposure to sunlight. Other factors include rapid weight loss or gain, polycystic ovary syndrome and diabetes.
How Can You Get Rid Of It?
There are conventional cosmetic medications that can be used to get rid of dark spots and patches. These medications are expensive and may even cause harsh side effects like skin irritation and rashes. With this in mind it will be better to get rid of this problem naturally with a simple DIY homemade remedy.
- Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda (Sodium bicarbonate) – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- You can make a mix all these ingredients in a bowl and get a smooth paste.
- Next you can apply the paste to the dark spots and patches.
- Leave it on for a period of 20 minutes.
- Rinse off using cold water after the time elapses.
You can also get rid of dark spots and patches by using a mixture of lemon, milk and white clay.
All you need to do is mix all these ingredients in a bowl and apply the paste to your dark spot and patches. Leave the paste on for about 15 minutes and then use cold water to rinse off the paste.
How To Avoid Dark Spots And Patches
- When going outdoors apply a sunscreen with UV properties.
- Drink lots of water and eat foods that are rich in vitamin E.
Another Recipe You Can Try
- Mix coconut oil, sea salt, skimmed milk and olive oil in a bowl.
- Use the paste on your dark spots and patches thrice on seven days, repeat the procedure until the dark spots and patches vanish.